This course, has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Jason Dinesen is the President of Dinesen Tax & Accounting, P.C., a public accounting firm in Indianola, Iowa. His practice focuses on accounting and bookkeeping services, tax preparation and business advising to individuals with a business focus ranging from home-based businesses to multistat Read more
This interactive session will cover the changes to Form 1099 reporting. In particular, the reporting of contract labor is changing. Businesses will no longer report contract labor on the Form 1099-MISC box 7; instead those payments will be reported on the new Form 1099-NEC. We will discuss other contractor issues, including deciding who is a contractor, and handling reimbursements to contractors.
Why Should You Attend:
Attendees will learn about the changes to the Form 1099-MISC for 2021, including the new Form 1099-NEC. This represents the first major change in 1099 reporting in many years. The course will also include valuable refresher training on other 1099 and contractor topics.
• The new Form 1099-NEC
• Who issues 1099s
• What transactions are reportable
• Who gets 1099s
• Filing issues: penalties and e-filing
• IRS CP-2100 letters
• Contractor vs. employee: how to tell the difference
• Reimbursements to contractors
• Form 1099-K and how it interacts with the 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC
• Do rental owners issue 1099s?
• Form 1099-C and unpaid invoices: okay to issue a 1099 to a non-paying customer?
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Payroll professionals
• Office managers
• Human resources professionals
• Tax and accounting professionals