This course, has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Dayna Reum ,CPP, FPC is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago . She has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 18+ years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at H Read more
When a company loses a member of its workforce it can be a tough time for both the family and the team. And while employers are concerned for the family, they must consider final wages, tax implications, legal documentation, and state laws governing final payments.
For instance, what would you do if the wife of a deceased employee requested the final funds be paid to her directly? Under some circumstances doing so might require you to pay them out a second time. Try explaining that to your boss!
This online session will give you the tools to handle this and other difficult situations when employees are deceased - all while protecting your company at the same time.
Why Should You Attend:
This training session gives you the tools to help you make sure that final payments are made in compliance with state and federal laws.
• Tax implications, legal documentation, and state laws that needs to be considered when making final payments - and the pitfalls to watch out for
• To whom final payments can be made
• How to handle special payments such as stock and deferred comp
• Tips on how to put a policy in place for deceased employee payments
• Options to avoid having to pay duplicate earnings
• How to avoid penalties
• Tax withholding and reporting requirements
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Payroll Professionals
• Human Resources Professionals
• Accounting Personnel
• Employee Benefit Professionals
• Attorneys who are Dealing with Payroll Process
• Tax Professionals
• Compensation Professionals
• Any HR or Finance Team member with payroll responsibilities